During the challenge, outside of the challenge and beyond the challenge!
All Move has now been running since the 2019/20 academic year, supporting more than 1000 participants from over 50 schools to engage in fun and enriching opportunities through the challenge. The project aims to help young people with a learning disability in a number of ways:
• Getting more active in varied ways
• Feeling good about themselves
• Improved confidence
• Developing a positive outlook on exercise that goes beyond the challenge
• Meaningful shared experiences with peers
• Accessing a pathway to future Mencap opportunities, and other opportunities within the local community
School working alongside one of Mencap's All Move delivery partners:
To back up the aims of the project, All Move incentivises participants with rewards as they reach key milestones in their journey, as well as providing access to other helpful resources.
What people say about All Move
Don't just take our word for it, hear what the people who've been involved in All Move have to say...
Words from All Move participants
Words from staff members delivering the project in schools and groups
Words from parents of participants
Click the buttons below to check out how All Move has benefited some of the young people we support...